Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Words Cut Deep

What you say, can be forgiven but not forgotten. Words cut deep. The wounds aren't physical. You can't slap a bandaid on them and heal them that way. Words are not silent. They seep into the minds of others and stay there.

Yesterday, I said something truly awful to someone I care about very very deeply. I can't take them back. I let my own fear and insecurities override what I new in my head to be right. I knew this person I care for would never hurt me, yet I lashed out. I deeply regret this. I wish I could rewind the day, take back or erase everything I said. But I can't.

There is a huge lesson to be learned here. Words hurt. They can be forgiven but only if the person you hurt is willing. I messed up, and I will have to live with that. The lesson? Be mindful of what you say, especially to someone you love. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment